Read the Press Release down below:
Amazon Studios has closed a deal to acquire worldwide rights to Blow the Man Down, a seaside noir from first-time feature filmmakers Danielle Krudy and Bridget Savage Cole, prior to its international premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival next month. The Amazon Original will launch exclusively worldwide on Amazon Prime Video.
Welcome to Easter Cove, a salty fishing village on the far reaches of Maine’s rocky coast. Grieving the loss of their mother and facing an uncertain future, Mary Beth & Priscilla Connolly cover up a gruesome run-in with a dangerous man. To conceal their crime, the sisters must go deeper into Easter Cove’s underbelly and uncover the town matriarchs’ darkest secrets.
Julie Rapaport, Co-Head of Movies at Amazon Studios said, “We’re incredibly excited to bring Blow the Man Down to our global Prime Video audience and for the world to discover directors Bridget Savage Cole and Danielle Krudy. They brilliantly executed and created an authentic world that draws you in immediately, keeping the viewer on edge till the very end.”
Directors Krudy and Savage Cole said, “We’re so thrilled Blow the Man Down has found its dream home at Amazon Studios. This film has been a part of our lives for a long time and we love that Amazon shares our passion for this salty story world. We’ve always seen Blow the Man Down as an inter-generational story, and we know that Amazon will be able to reach a wide and enthusiastic audience (as well as all the diehard Margo Martindale fans out there.)”
Blow the Man Down won best screenplay at the Tribeca Film Festival and stars Morgan Saylor, Sophie Lowe, Margo Martindale, June Squibb, Will Brittain, Gayle Rankin and Annette O’Toole. The film was produced by Secret Engine’s Drew Houpt & Alex Scharfman, and Tango Entertainment’s Tim Headington & Lia Buman, with executive producers Albert Berger, Ron Yerxa and Lucas Joaquin.
The deal was negotiated by CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of digital videos—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals including the Emmy Award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Homecoming, Hanna, Fleabag, Good Omens, Donald Glover’s Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick and Cold War, and the critically-acclaimed Beautiful
Boy, exclusives, live sports and licensed and self-published content available in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Watch more with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 150+ channels in the US like HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access —no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available atamazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of current TV episodes, available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
- Instant access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on your smart TV, mobile device, Fire TV, Fire tablet, Apple TV, game consoles, Comcast X1 or from the web. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to access to movies and TV shows included with Prime, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.