Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “Circuit Breaker! The Awards, Film, & TV Podcast,” a weekly breakdown from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, Chris James, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
On the agenda:
- Talking about the box office this past weekend. “Good Boys” led the way with a surprisingly strong haul, while “Blinded by the Light” and “Where’d You Go, Bernadette” were ignored. This led to some discussion about Richard Linklater, as well as some chatter about how you would interview a filmmaker whose work you didn’t care for.
- While discussing Linklater, a comparison emerged with Tony Scott. This turned into some talk about which of Scott’s films are everyone’s favorite.
- A number of Trailers dropped, so they were broken down. This included “Dolemite is My Name,” “A Hidden Life,” “Little Women,” and “Parasite.”
- The Telluride Film Festival is only a few weeks away. Potential titles at the fest were speculated about.
- R.I.P. Peter Fonda.
- Emmy voting is underway. Discussion included if a Best Drama upset was brewing or if “Game of Thrones” will walk away with a win, the chances of “Barry” in Best Drama, and much more
- An Oscar check in. “The Farewell” and “Parasite” are moving up in Clayton’s predictions. Some chatter about the Supporting categories, as well as the middling nature of Best Animated Feature so far this year.
- Finally, some baseball chatter!
COMMENT AND SEND IN:
& QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Listen to Us on Spotify!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan that are aligned with our values.