As we transition into the fall television season, take a flyer on Amazon’s newest mind-bending animated show. Along with one of the best directorial debuts of 2018, these choices will more than satisfy anyone glued to their television tonight.
Pick of the Day:
From the creative minds behind “Bojack Horseman” comes a sci-fi dramedy that studies how time can help heal the issues of the past. “Undone” follows Alma (Rosa Salazar), a young woman who lives a pretty average life until she experiences a car accident that changes everything. When Alma wakes up from the accident, she discovers that she has supernatural abilities that allow her to time travel. While testing her powers, she travels back in time to speak to her father (Bob Odenkirk), who was recently murdered. After she returns, she decides to use her gift to solve his case and bring closure for herself and her family.
While “Undone” is primarily a time traveling show, it will also examine Alma’s mental state and health as she travels back and forth. With dark humor and edge-of-your seat drama, Amazon will look for “Undone” to be their first hit in the animation genre.
Movies on TV:
“Wildlife” (TMC) at 8:00 PM ET
While audiences were obsessing over Bradley Cooper’s “A Star is Born” last year, actor Paul Dano made his own directorial debut that went under the radar. “Wildlife” focuses on a teenage boy (Ed Oxenbould) who must navigate his life amidst his parents (Jake Gyllenhaal, Carey Mulligan) going through a separation. All three performances are outstanding, especially Oxenbould and Mulligan, who spend a majority of the film struggling to coexist with one another. Dano co-wrote the film with his partner Zoe Kazan but it’s his direction that shines through, showing a family relationship slowly burn to the ground like the wildfires that surround the town they live in. If you are looking forward to “Marriage Story” this fall, you should watch “Wildlife” to get you in the mood.
Other Movies on TV:
- “Bad Boy II” (Paramount) at 6:00 PM ET
- “The Help” (Showtime) at 6:30 PM ET
- “Friday the 13th” (AMC) at 8:00 PM ET
- “Wedding Crashers” (TNT) at 8:00 PM ET
- “Iron Man” (USA) at 8:00 PM ET
- “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” (TBS) at 8:00 PM ET
- “Despicable Me 2” (FX) at 8:00 PM ET
- “That’s My Boy” (TCM) at 8:00 PM ET
- “The Patriot” (BBC) at 8:00 PM ET
- “Resident Evil: Apocalypse” (HBO) at 8:20 PM ET
- “The Hurt Locker” (HBO Signature) at 9:00 PM ET
- “The Fifth Element” (Viceland) at 9:30 PM ET
- “Coming to America” (VH1) at 10:30 PM ET
New Episodes on TV:
Below are the new episodes airing tonight:
- “Reef Break” (ABC) at 8:00 p.m. ET
- “Ridiculousness” (MTV) at 8:00 p.m. ET
- “BattleBots” (Discovery) at 8:00 p.m. ET
- “How Do Animals Do That” (Animal Planet) at 8:00 p.m. ET
- “Dateline” (NBC) at 10:00 PM ET
- “Killjoys” (Syfy) at 10:00 PM ET
- “Real Time with Bill Maher” (HBO) at 10:00 PM ET
- “House Hunters International” (HGTV) at 10:30 PM ET