Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “Circuit Breaker! The Awards, Film, & TV Podcast,” a weekly breakdown from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, Chris James, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
On the agenda:
- Sending our thoughts and prayers to everyone dealing with the wildfires in California.
- Going over a bit of news that includes “The Assistant” being released in January, after debuting strongly at Telluride, the drop of HBO’s “Watchmen,” Paul Dano’s casting as Riddler in “The Batman,” and more.
- The final trailer for “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” dropped and we have many thoughts about it.
- Is “The Two Popes” from Fernando Meirelles more of a contender than “Marriage Story” from Noah Baumbach with its various audience awards? Should Netflix make a focus shift?
- Thoughts on the first screenings for “Little Women” from Greta Gerwig and “Bombshell” from Jay Roach.
- Gotham Nominations have been announced and films like “Waves” and contenders like Adam Sandler (“Uncut Gems”) are off to a great start. Is there room for “High Flying Bird” anywhere in the season?
- Switches on the prediction side that includes “Once Upon a Time in…Hollywood” going into Comedy/Musical (as once reported), “The Two Popes” going Drama, along with “Bombshell.”
- A segment on the precursors and films that could hit with certain guilds and groups.
COMMENT AND SEND IN:
& QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Listen to Us on Spotify!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan that are aligned with our values.