- We talk about the New York Film Festival screening of “Life of Pi” with Ang Lee in attendance. Our qualms with the film and if it’s a Best Picture nominee by the end of the year.
- We attempt to foresee a 5% lovefest for Juan Antonio Bayona’s “The Impossible.” Does it have the substance to be a nominee? Is Naomi Watts the Best Actress winner?
- Emmy Reactions – What were the biggest surprises of the ceremony?
- The Oscar Race – Referring to Sasha Stone’s recent “Ten Commandments” of Oscar Prognosticating, we break Commandment 1 in Minute 1 of the discussion.
- Wishes for the Oscar Season – What do we want to see as the season is officially in tow?
- Do we see the 10th time that the Best Picture and Best Director winners are different?
- The Veterans Going for their Due – Richard in “Arbitrage” or John Goodman in “Argo?” Is it either of them?
- Kristen Stewart – Is she more of a threat then we realize? Could she surprise enough with much of Hollywood coming to bat for her?
- And much more…
As always, comment and discuss!