- We talk the movie trailers of “Warm Blood,” “World War Z,” and of course, “Les Miserables.
- “Lincoln” had a strong opening weekend on a per screen average, is it the frontrunner? What are pros and cons of Spielberg’s film, “Les Miserables” and “Argo?”
- “Skyfall” opened up to positive reviews and we discuss if the craftsman lying in Greg P. Russell, Roger Deakins, and/or Thomas Newman can find long overdue Oscar recognition.
- We look at the slate for some film studios: Lionsgate/Summit that has smaller, more prestigious films like “Arbitrage” and “The Impossible.” We also fans of “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” and “The Hunger Games.” What about the Weinstein Company that has the muted “Quartet” or the just announced 3-hour long “Django Unchained?”
- After seeing “Silver Linings Playbook” we have some interesting thoughts on the prospects of Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence.
- We talk the acting categories: Lead and Supporting Actor and Actress.
- Which performances are bound to be ignored but the staff would love to see recognized.
- We also announce the 26 films that will compete in the sixth season of Academy Idol.
Comment and discuss!