Awards Circuit Power Hour is back this week with a hefty and packed agenda. Your favorite staff members sit around and talk about various topics in the entertainment world from film to television. We even get into our personal lives as well.
- Carrie Underwood won Video of the Year at the CMA’s which brings us to the burning question, when is the last time you saw a music video that you didn’t type into YouTube or look for On-Demand?
- We go Around the Room talking about our high-points of the week.
- Joey gives us the casting news of the week including that of Leonardo DiCaprio set to play Rasputin.
- We talk about the Critics Choice Television Awards and who we thought would win in the major categories.
- Want to know what your week will be like? Hear our Movie Horoscopes and get your Movie Pick of the Week!
- First image was released for Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu’s Birdman. We get into talks about our favorite international directors working today.
- WGA released the 101 Best Written TV Shows of All-Time and we have some serious qualms with it.
- With so many minority performers, actors, and craftsman in contention for Oscar this year, what keeps the Academy from selecting some of the great ones? Is it blatant racism or not thinking outside the box?
- “Malavita” becomes The Family. Are unique titles a forgotten trait?
- Films made money this week, some will be remembered, some will not. We talk about the Weekend Box Office.
- Are the Smiths wearing out their welcome? Will and Jaden Smith had an interesting interview and we digest some that was said.
- A new, fun game hits our show, MOVIE TWINS! Which of the staff do you think were able to pick two films with the same synopsis?
- Finally, what’s Power Hour without Oscar Talk! Best Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress are on our minds this week. Who is in a good position this early on for recognition?
Listen and enjoy! Discuss topics in the comments!