A lengthy, in-depth podcast is upon us today. We have lots to talk about.
- After kicking it off with a funny story about Mark Johnson fooling the Oscar pundit world, we talk about some of the television shows that have been axed already.
- After getting a look at John Wells’ “August: Osage County” last week, I talk about the campaigning choice for Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts. Also, what does the Weinstein film do during awards season.
- The Lead Actor is going to leave someone very notable off the list. Who will that be and who is really in contention for a nomination?
- The big bulk of our podcast talks about Alfonso Cuaron’s “Gravity” – the pros, cons, and defending some of our thoughts on the film. Also, does this become the first Science Fiction film to win Best Picture? [we do get into SPOILERS]
- “American Hustle” screened quietly for a group of Los Angeles critics. What does this mean for David O. Russell’s film? What did we hear about it?
- The World Premiere of “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” occurred during the weekend at New York Film Festival and Joey and I are on different sides of the fence where it’s concerned. Does this appeal to a mass audience and will it get Oscar love for Ben Stiller and company? We also talk about the images and execution of James Gray’s “The Immigrant.”
Follow on Twitter: @AwardsCircuit
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Download us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes