LOS ANGELES, CA (September 7, 2016) – Continuing a tradition dating back to 2011, the Broadcast Television Journalists Association (BTJA) has voted to determine The Most Exciting New Series for the coming Fall television season.
The honorees are selected and voted on by the BTJA from pilots, early episodes and trailers for shows premiering after July 1. The honorees announced today, in alphabetical order, are as follows:
– Atlanta (FX/FX Productions)
– Better Things (FX/FX Productions/3 Arts Entertainment/Pig Newton)
– Designated Survivor (ABC/ABC Studios/Genre Films/The Mark Gordon Company)
– The Good Place (NBC/3 Arts Entertainment/Universal Television/Fremulon)
– One Mississippi (Amazon/FX Productions/Pig Newton)
– Pitch (Fox/20th Century Fox Television/Left Coast Productions/Rhode Island Ave. Productions)
– This Is Us (NBC/20th Century Fox Television/Rhode Island Ave. Productions)
– Westworld (HBO/Warner Bros. Television/Bad Robot Productions/Kilter Films/Jerry Weintraub Productions)
“The freedom and creativity flowing in the television world today is without precedent,” noted BTJA President Joey Berlin. “We believe it’s valuable for our members to fulfill their responsibility to help viewers find the best new shows in such an incredibly crowded television environment – now – just as the fall season is getting underway. We can’t wait to see how these exciting new shows develop in the coming months.”
On November 14th, BTJA will announce the nominees in the television categories for their Critics’ Choice Awards. Nominees in the film categories determined by the Broadcast Film Critics Association will be announced November 30th. The 22nd annual Critics’ Choice Awards show, hosted by Silicon Valley star T.J. Miller, will be presented on December 11th at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California, and will again be seen live on A&E, 8pm-11pm ET.
About CRITICS’ CHOICE AWARDS
The Critics’ Choice Awards are bestowed annually by the BFCA and BTJA to honor the finest in cinematic and television achievement. The BFCA is the largest film critics’ organization in the United States and Canada, representing more than 300 television, radio and online critics. BFCA members are the primary source of information for today’s film-going public. BTJA is the collective voice of almost 100 journalists who regularly cover television for TV viewers, radio listeners and online audiences. Historically, the ‘Critics’ Choice Awards’ are the most accurate predictor of the Academy Award nominations.
For more information, visit: www.CriticsChoice.com