Home Community Page 17

Community

Circuit 3: John Cusack

John Paul Cusack was born June 28, 1966, and gained fame in the mid-80s starring in teen films like Sixteen Candles (1984) and Stand By...

Around the Circuit: June 15 – June 21

Link(s) of the week: The big news of the week, sadly, was the untimely death of actor James Gandolfini. Many sites (including ours) paid...

Circuit 3: Nicole Kidman

Nicole Mary Kidman turns 46 this week. Born June 20, 1967, the Hawaiian-born-Australian-raised actress made her breakthrough performance in Phillip Noyce's thriller, Dead Calm...

Circuit 3 Special Edition: James Gandolfini

By now you've probably heard the sad news about the death of James Gandolfini. The star of the HBO series The Sopranos died at...

Welcome to the New Awards Circuit!

Well here we are.  It was time to build a site that would have the readers in mind.  How many times do you come...

Community Reactions to ‘Man of Steel’

I'm sure many of you either went and saw the midnight showings last night for Zack Snyder's Man of Steel or are in the...

Circuit 3: Superhero Movies

With Zack Snyder's Man of Steel flying into theaters this weekend (read Terence's review here), I thought this would be a fun time to...

Community Talk – 6/9/2013

Calling all Awards Circuit readers.  What's on your mind?  What did you see this weekend? I caught a few minutes of The Thin Red Line...

Taking Questions of Power Hour!

It's that time of the week again where we look to you to ask anything you want for our next edition of the Awards...

Circuit 3: Paul Giamatti

Paul Edward Valentine Giamatti turned 46 on June 6. Giamatti's first big role came in the Howard Stern film, Private Parts (1997), playing the loathsome...

Win a T-Shirt Giveaway Pack Courtesy of Universal Pictures’ New Film, ‘The Purge’

What if crime was legal for one night only?  In partnership with Universal Pictures and their newest film The Purge starring Ethan Hawke, you...

Winners of the ‘Lincoln’ Blu-Ray Contest!

Sorry it took so long.  The winners of our Blu-Ray/DVD contest of Steven Spielberg's Lincoln is down below.  Please send your address information to...

Community Talk

What did you watch this weekend? I watched "Days of Heaven." Your turn. Discuss.

Circuit 3: Annette Bening

Annette Carol Bening celebrated her 55th birthday on May 29. Bening's breakthrough performance came in The Grifters (1990), playing opposite John Cusack and Anjelica Huston,...

Send In Your Questions for Awards Circuit Power Hour!

We're getting ready to gear up into the heart of the summer season and we're going to be talking about many things including Cannes...

Circuit 3: James Stewart

James Maitland Stewart is one of the most iconic legends of classic cinema. Born May 20, 1908, Stewart's versatile, seven-decade-long career in film gave us...

Circuit 3: Katharine Hepburn

Regarded by many to be the greatest actress of all time, Katharine Houghton Hepburn was born May 12, 1907, in Hartford, Connecticut. Miss Hepburn...

‘American Beauty’ wins 6 from Awards Circuit Community Awards, Bening Upsets!

If you listened to the Awards Circuit Power Hour two weeks ago, then you heard the winners read for the Awards Circuit Community Awards...

Circuit 3: Orson Welles

George Orson Welles was born May 6, 1915 in Kenosha, Wisconsin, the son of an artist and an inventor. It is interesting to see...

Circuit 3: Daniel Day-Lewis

I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking that Daniel Michael Blake Day-Lewis is the finest actor working today, and that by the time his...

Happy 5 Year Anniversary to the Awards Circuit!

Awards Circuit turns 5 years old today.  I've been on this adventure along with a great team of writers for five years and I...

1999 ACCA Final Ballots Are Open!

All of you have chimed in with the Year 1999 with the Awards Circuit Community Awards.  Nominations were announced last Sunday and the final...

Circuit 3: Jack Nicholson

John Joseph "Jack" Nicholson was born on April 22, 1937 in New Jersey. Upon moving to Hollywood, Nicholson worked running errands for William Hanna and Jack...

David Fincher’s ‘Fight Club’ Leads ACCA Nominations with 12, ‘American Beauty’ Scores 11

By now, hopefully many of you listened to the Awards Circuit Power Hour from this week to hear your nominees for the Awards Circuit...

Circuit 3: Silent Films and Silent Film Performances

Sir Charles Spencer "Charlie" Chaplin was born April 16, 1889, and is the most celebrated and iconic star of the early days of cinema, long before...

Circuit 3: Russell Crowe

Russell Ira Crowe was born in Wellington, New Zealand on April 7, 1964. He began his career as a rock musician under the stage...

ACCA 1999 Opens for All to See!

It's time folks!  For our newer readers who haven't been through it yet, it's time to go back in time with the Awards Circuit...

CONTEST: Win a Copy of Steven Spielberg’s ‘Lincoln’ on Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack!

How there any lovers of Steven Spielberg's Lincoln that are still bummed it lost Best Picture at last year's Oscars?  We have a chance...

Circuit 3: Marlon Brando

Marlon Brando, Jr. is in my opinion the greatest actor of all time. There was no one like him before, and there have been...

Circuit Madness Final 8 is Open!

The search for the "Best" Best Picture Winner of all-time. Download the Bracket HERE>>>Oscar_Madness_Full_16 The final eight films are competing in some of the best matchups...

Circuit 3: Quentin Tarantino

Quentin Jerome Tarantino was born on March 27, 1963 in Knoxville, Tennessee. Tarantino...

Circuit Madness Sweet 16 Open!

The battle continues.  We're down to the heavy hitters and we have some really fantastic match-ups going on like: Casablanca vs. The Bridge on the...

Circuit Madness Round 2 Closes Sunday!

Our quest to find the "Best" Best Picture Winner continues as we continue our first annual Circuit Madness.  32 films remain and the competition...

Circuit 3: Bruce Willis

Walter Bruce Willis turned 58 this week. Born March 19th, 1955, in West Germany, Willis’ family moved back to the States in 1957. He...

First Round of Circuit Madness Ends!

The first round of voting in our new annual series - Circuit Madness - has come to a close. From the original field of...

Trending Stories

Follow @AwardsCircuit

4,105FansLike
1,223FollowersFollow
10,619FollowersFollow
173SubscribersSubscribe