Circuit 3: Movie Monsters

As you've seen in other posts, The Awards Circuit is getting in the spirit of Halloween by dedicating many of our series to horror movies, and...

Circuit 3: Michael Douglas

Michael Kirk Douglas turned 68 on Tuesday, September 25th, 2012. Born in 1944 to legendary actor Kirk Douglas and his wife, Diana Hill, Michael...

Scott Feinberg to Guest on Awards Circuit Power Hour, Taking Questions

Scott Feinberg of the Hollywood Reporter and ScottFeinberg.com will be a guest on this week's Power Hour.  We will be talking a slew of...

Circuit 3: Lauren Bacall

Lauren Bacall was born Betty Joan Perske on September 16th, 1924. She began her career as a fashion model while taking acting lessons at...

Circuit 3: Colin Firth

Academy Award winner Colin Firth celebrated his 52nd birthday this week. Born September 10th, 1960, in Grayshott, Hampshire, Firth busted on to the scene...

Nathaniel Rogers will be a Guest on this Week’s “Power Hour”

We're taking questions for our  upcoming episode of the Awards Circuit Power Hour.  But we have a guest this week!  Nathaniel Rogers from The...

Circuit 3: Sports Films

Football is back. Baseball is winding down. Basketball is preparing to start up. This is the best time of year for many people, whether...

ACCA: Best of the Decade is officially open!

After weeks of technical difficulties and just being insanely busy, the last Awards Circuit Community Award Voting process for the year is in full...

Taking Questions for Power Hour!

As always, we’re taking your questions.  There are two ways to send them in; you can record a message to us via Speakpipe on...

Circuit 3: Ingrid Bergman

Ingrid Bergman was born on the 29th of August, 1915, in Stockholm, Sweden. Bergman starred in a dozen Swedish films before being introduced to...

Circuit 3: Sean Connery

He might best be known for being the James Bond, but there is a lot more to Sir Thomas Sean Connery's career than just...

Taking Questions for Power Hour

Today the staff and I will be recording "Power Hour" for your listening entertainment.  We'll also be reading questions galore and playing the ones...

Circuit 3: Alfred Hitchcock

In my opinion, there has been no finer film director to ever walk this planet than the great Alfred Hitchcock, who would have turned...

Circuit 3: Dustin Hoffman

Dustin Lee Hoffman is one of the finest actors of all time and is a living legend of cinema. He was born on August 8th,...

Circuit 3: Christopher Nolan

It is probably way too early in his career to do a Circuit 3 on Christopher Nolan, but with The Dark Knight Rises in theatres...

Circuit 3: Stanley Kubrick

Stanley Kubrick is right up there with Alfred Hitchcock as the director I most admire and if he was alive today, he would be...

“Requiem for a Dream” takes top honors with Awards Circuit Readership!

In case you missed or didn't make through our podcast on Sunday, we announced the winners of the Awards Circuit Community Awards for Year...

Taking Questions for “Power Hour”

Tomorrow, the staff and I will be recording our great podcast centering on a certain superhero film that opened this weekend.  We will also...

Davis Awards 2000 Announced!

Taking a break from all this Bat-talk.  Trekking through the year 2000 was a daunting task.  There were many films I hadn't seen in...

Circuit 3: Robin Williams

Robin McLaurin Williams was born in Chicago, Illinois on July 21, 1951. He grew up in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan before moving to Woodacre, California,...

Oscar Question of the Day: “Rise to Oscar”

If you had to place a secure, 100% sure-fire bet on an Oscar nomination for The Dark Knight Rises, which would it be?  Think...

ACCA 2000 final ballots are open!

In case any of you missed it, our great Awards Circuit community chose their favorites for the year 2000.  In case you're new to...

Circuit 3: Tom Hanks

Thomas Jeffrey Hanks turns a young 56 this week. The two-time Academy Award winner was born on July 9th, 1956 in Concord, California. He...

ACCA 2000 results are in!

Here we are readers, the last year of the new millennium for our readers to highlight their favorite film achievements of the year.  It’s...

Bonus Circuit 3: The Most Anticipated Films for the Remainder of 2012

It's hard to believe that we're over the hill on 2012. And while time is flying by at an alarming rate, for a movie fan...

Circuit 3: Sylvester Stallone

Sylvester Stallone will probably always be remembered for his two iconic roles as Rocky Balboa and John Rambo, but the man is much more...

Circuit 3: Mel Brooks

Mel Brooks was born Melvin Kaminsky on June 28, 1926 in Brooklyn, New York, of strong Jewish descent. After serving in the United States Army...

Question for our Awards Circuit Readers!

How do you feel about a preliminary Golden Globes-type announcement mid-way through ACCA 2000? We would reveal the results next Friday in Drama and Musical/Comedy...

Awards Circuit Community Awards Year 2000 opens up for voting!

Welcome to the Awards Circuit Community Awards Voting Station.  We are diving back in time to revisit films and performances that might have deserved...

ACCA TV goes with “Game of Thrones” and “Modern Family”

The first ever Television version of the Awards Circuit Community Awards (or ACCA as it's affectionately known around these parts) has come to a...

Circuit 3: Meryl Streep

It seems odd to type or say the name Meryl Streep without inserting "The Great" before (or after) her name. The finest actress of...

A Storm is Coming…

You and your friends better batten down the hatches, ‘cause it already destroyed my Weekend Openings and it might blow you away too!  Actually,...

Circuit 3: Movie Dad Performances

With Father's Day arriving this weekend, I thought it might be fun to do a Circuit 3 in honor of all dads out there....

Oscar Question of the Day – Smile for the Camera

I'm not going to lie, this may feel a bit like Sophie's Choice.  In my humble opinion, Roger Deakins and Emmanuel Lubezski are the...

Oscar Question of the Day – “If I l Let You Go, You Think...

You are playing the role of Susan Evans, played by Wendy Crewson in Joseph Ruben’s child thriller The Good Son (1993) starring Macaulay Culkin...