Welcome to the AwardsCircuit.com podcast, “Circuit Breaker! The Awards, & TV Podcast,” part of the CIRCUIT BREAKER MEDIA NETWORK. “Circuit Breaker” is a weekly podcast show with Podcast Host & website Editor/Owner Clayton Davis. With a team of panelists including Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, and Karen Peterson, along with other special guests and contributors, we discuss movies, television, and all the award shows that need predicting.
New episodes of “Circuit Breaker” are released every Monday. The spin-off series “Circuit Breaker: The Extras” will be announced and scheduled via site announcements or on our social media platforms, so make sure to check back. Make sure to follow for more. All podcast episodes are produced and edited by Drew Griffith.
On the episode’s agenda (recorded June 28, 2020):
- Announcing the opening of the AwardsCircuit Community Awards for 1990 and some of our favorite films from the year that included the likes of Kevin Costner’s “Dances with Wolves,” Martin Scorsese’s “Goodfellas,” and Stephen Frears’ “The Grifters.”
- We open ourselves up to a discussion about the very best performances from Sylvester Stallone and how his career has evolved. This also leads to conversations and comparisons to other muscle stars like Arnold Schwarzenneger (“Terminator 2: Judgment Day“).
- We get into the year 1976, arguably one of the strongest years for an Academy Best Picture lineup that included the Best Picture winner “Rocky,” Sidney Lumet’s “Network,” Martin Scorsese’s “Taxi Driver,” Alan J. Pakula’s “All the President’s Men,” and Hal Ashby’s “Bound for Glory.”
- We’re announcing the opening of our Op-Ed section tentatively titled “Opinions of the People” – where you can submit your thoughts and opinions and get published on the site. We start you off with three themes to present: “The Movies of 1990 and What It Means to Me” – “What Is Your Favorite TV Episode of the Past Year” – “The 10 Movies That Mean Most To You.”
- We’re closing with discussions of the eligible films for the Academy Awards due to the extension of the calendar year. The films “scheduled” to qualify for the Oscars include Marvel’s “Eternals“ and Warner Bros’ “Mortal Kombat,” among others.
COMMENT, SHARE, and SUBMIT hashtag questions and suggestions for games in the comments section below or social media. Game hashtags include:
(give two movie or performance choices for us to choose the “better” one)
(give an Oscar acting lineup and ask us to remove the “weak link” of the list)
(name any actor/actress, filmmaker, or craftsperson and we decide which film they should have won the Oscar for, replacing the Academy’s actual winner)
(any general question about any topic you desire)
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Listen to Us on Spotify!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
Subscribe to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan, two causes that are aligned with our values
ABOUT AWARDS CIRCUIT
The Awards Circuit has been the premier entertainment and awards site since May 2008. It is owned and operated by Editor-in-Chief Clayton Davis. AC also staffs an eclectic group of writers, all from different walks of life, and all from different areas of the world.
Awards Circuit is committed to delivering unbiased news and awards coverage to both industry professionals and dedicated fans of film, television, music, and theatre. Our diverse team of writers provides an in-depth analysis of both American and international entertainment.
ABOUT CIRCUIT BREAKER MEDIA NETWORK:
“Circuit Breaker: The Extras” is a spin-off from “Circuit Breaker! The Awards & TV Podcast,” a weekly podcast hosted by Clayton Davis, along with panelists including Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, and Karen Peterson. Along with other special guests, they discuss movies, television, and all the award shows that need predicting. New episodes of “Circuit Breaker” are released every Monday. Episodes of “Circuit Breaker: The Extras” are announced and scheduled via site announcements or on our social media platforms. Make sure to follow for more. All podcast episodes are produced and edited by Drew Griffith. All media releases are under THE CIRCUIT BREAKER MEDIA NETWORK.
ABOUT CLAYTON DAVIS
Clayton Davis is the esteemed Editor and Owner of AwardsCircuit.com. Born in Bronx, NY, to a Puerto Rican mother and Black father, he’s been criticizing film and television for over a decade. Clayton is a member of the Broadcast Film Critics Association, where he votes and attends the kick-off to the awards season, the Critics’ Choice Awards. He’s also an active member of New York Film Critics Online, International Press Academy, Black Reel Awards and the Broadcast Television Journalists Association. Clayton has been quoted and appeared in various outlets, including The New York Times, CNN.com, Variety, Deadline, Los Angeles Times, Bloomberg Television, AOL, Huffington Post, Bloomberg Radio, The Wrap, Slash Film and The Hollywood Reporter.