Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson and Joey Magidson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday. Find us on Twitter at@Circuit_Pod, email us at email@example.com, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the podcast agenda:
- The acting races are heating up and we go through each of them and talk about the frontrunners, and what it really means to be overdue.
- BEST ACTOR: Are there any other feasible winners besides Casey Affleck (“Manchester by the Sea”), Ryan Gosling (“La La Land”) and Denzel Washington (“Fences”)?
- BEST ACTRESS: The most competitive race that has no agreed upon frontrunner. Is Emma Stone a threat for the gold? Is Viola Davis set up for a win no matter what? What about Annette Bening (“20th Century Women”) or Natalie Portman (“Jackie”)?
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: The most fluid category – where anyone can take the top spot at any moment. Is Liam Neeson (“Silence”) this year’s Stanley Tucci? Are there too many great men in “Moonlight?” Do Michael Shannon (“Nocturnal Animals”) or Hugh Grant (“Florence Foster Jenkins”) have the veteran card to play?
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: With the most supporting performers ever, whose screen time really matters? Could Naomie Harris win an Oscar for a weekend’s work? Does Kristen Stewart’s five films make a threat for an Oscar nod no matter what?
- Talking some news of the week including the casting of Bill Hader in “Power Rangers,” “La La Land’s” release date change and Paul Dano’s directorial debut.
- TIFF handed out their Audience award to “La La Land.” Is it our Best Picture winner?
- Taking questions from our esteemed readership.
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns,#ChoosetheGold, and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Download us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED