Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “Circuit Breaker! The Awards, Film, & TV Podcast,” a weekly breakdown from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, Chris James, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- Celebrating Clayton Davis’ 9-year wedding anniversary, Joey went out to Asbury Park, NJ to see Bruce Springsteen, and Karen had “Pancakes with the Pearsons” and the “This Is Us” cast.
- Talking about the big announcements for the New York Film Festival that include Martin Scorsese’s “The Irishman” (and how the visual effects can be interpreted from general audiences and awards voters), Noah Baumbach’s “Marriage Story” (hoping to perhaps be another 4 acting nominee player), and Edward Norton’s “Motherless Brooklyn” (one that’s been the hopper for a while and has big expectations).
- Fantastic Fest from Austin, TX announced their opener of Taika Waititi’s “Jojo Rabbit,” which is gaining excitement and buzz from every direction.
- We have a new AMPAS President in the form of David Rubin. What are our thoughts on the new leadership?
- Is Joaquin Phoenix’s work in “Joker” a viable contender on the awards circuit this year in Best Actor, based on tributes and early buzz?
- If the Oscars were held today, what film would win Best Picture? What contender(s) from the first half of the year and summer stand a decent chance at awards attention?
COMMENT AND SEND IN:
& QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!
Like Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Listen to Us on Spotify!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan that are aligned with our values.