Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “Circuit Breaker! The Awards, Film, & TV Podcast,” a weekly breakdown from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, Chris James, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at email@example.com, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- The unique crew on board today that includes Clayton, Joey, Chris, and Ryan McQuade.
- A look at TIFF films that screened and received high praise (“Hustlers” and “Jojo Rabbit“), with some films that did not (“The Goldfinch“).
- With the influx of new critics added to Rotten Tomatoes, we share some thoughts on the oversaturation of voices on films and the awards circuit (that could prohibit sound decisions from being made by audiences).
- Our thoughts on James Gray’s “Ad Astra” and its cast that includes Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland, and Ruth Negga, along with a technical team that includes cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema and composer Max Richter.
- Checking in on some of the awards races: Is Supporting Actress tailor-made for Laura Dern for “Marriage Story” with a possible miss for Annette Bening for “The Report?”
COMMENT AND SEND IN:
& QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Listen to Us on Spotify!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan that are aligned with our values.