Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson and Joey Magidson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday. Find us on Twitter at@Circuit_Pod, email us at [email protected], and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- How can Casey Affleck (“Manchester by the Sea“) lose Best Actor?
- How can Annette Bening (“20th Century Women“) win Best Actress against Emma Stone (“La La Land“) and Natalie Portman (“Jackie“)?
- There’s no frontrunner in Supporting Actor. Is Hugh Grant (“Florence Foster Jenkins“) a real thing or are we overestimating?
- Is Viola Davis (“Fences“) the surest winner this year?
- 145 Documentary Features have been submitted for Oscar. What’s in the hunt?
- AFI Film Fest is gearing up to kick off. What can emerge from the Los Angeles festival for the Oscar race?
- Questions from our readers and #CinephileShowdowns
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #ChoosetheGold and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED