Welcome to the AwardsCircuit.com podcast, “Circuit Breaker! The Awards, & TV Podcast,” part of the CIRCUIT BREAKER MEDIA NETWORK. “Circuit Breaker” is a weekly podcast show with Podcast Host & website Editor/Owner Clayton Davis. With a team of panelists including Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, Christopher James, and Karen Peterson, along with other special guests, we discuss movies, television, and all the award shows that need predicting.
New episodes of “Circuit Breaker” are released every Monday. The spin-off series “Circuit Breaker: The Extras” will be announced and scheduled via site announcements or on our social media platforms so make sure to check back. Make sure to follow for more. All podcast episodes are produced and edited by Drew Griffith.
On the episode’s agenda (recorded March 22, 2020):
- Taking questions from our readers that lead to discussions about previous Oscar-winners and how they have aged:
- Sean Penn, “Milk”
- Tilda Swinton, “Michael Clayton”
- Alan Arkin, “Little Miss Sunshine”
- Rachel Weisz, “The Constant Gardener”
- Nicole Kidman, “The Hours”
- Reese Witherspoon, “Walk the Line”
- Cinephile Showdowns, as we choose between writer Christopher James’ Top 10 films of 2019 and 2018. Some choices include “Paddington 2” and “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again”
- Talking about the overrated and underrated Pixar films in their filmography.
- Is there a time that any Oscar lineup has matched with our own, in any category, 5 for 5?
- Who is the most overdue cinematographer working today now that Roger Deakins and Emmanuel Lubezki have Academy Awards?
- We are recommending some movies that you should watch from the 1970s before getting into a lengthy discussion about the western genre, Mark Johnson’s favorite, and what some of the best and worst have been in history.
COMMENT, SHARE and SUBMIT hashtag questions and suggestions for games in the comments section below or social media. Game hashtags include:
(give two movie or performance choices for us to choose the “better” one)
(give an Oscar acting lineup and ask us to remove the “weak link” of the lineup)
(name any actor/actress, filmmaker, or craftsperson and we decide which film they should have won the Oscar for, replacing the Academy’s actual winner)
(any general question about any topic you desire)
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Listen to Us on Spotify!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
Subscribe to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan, two causes that are aligned with our values