Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday. Find us on Twitter at @Circuit_Pod, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit your comments and questions at the bottom of the episode.
On the agenda:
- Talking some of the weirdest Oscar snubs in modern time, in both acting and tech categories.
- Talking the weekend box office and movies regarding “The Emoji Movie” and “Atomic Blonde.”
- From a question, we discuss the year’s in which there was not a split in Best Picture and Director, and how it “could” have split.
- Speculating the Telluride Film Festival: What films will play there?
- Who is overdue for an Oscar win, with just one or two Oscar nominations?
- What are the best trailers that turned out to be terrible and vice versa?
- New trailers have dropped for “It” and George Clooney’s “Suburbicon.” Is the latter an Oscar player?
- Are we due for a Marisa Tomei-type Oscar win in the near future?
- Speculating the “Oscar winner” shot at the end of the season. What four people would you want to see?
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #ChoosetheGold and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan
CLICK THE CATEGORY TO SEE THE OSCAR PREDICTIONS:
| MOTION PICTURE |DIRECTOR |
| LEAD ACTOR | LEAD ACTRESS | SUPPORTING ACTOR | SUPPORTING ACTRESS |
| ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY | ADAPTED SCREENPLAY | ANIMATED FEATURE |
| PRODUCTION DESIGN | CINEMATOGRAPHY | COSTUME DESIGN | FILM EDITING |
| MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING | SOUND MIXING | SOUND EDITING | VISUAL EFFECTS |
| ORIGINAL SCORE | ORIGINAL SONG |