Welcome to the Awards Circuit podcast titled “CIRCUIT BREAKER!,” a weekly podcast from AwardsCircuit.com featuring host Clayton Davis along with panelists Sam Coffey, Mark Johnson, Joey Magidson, and Karen Peterson. We discuss movies, television and all the awards shows that need predicting. New episodes are released every Monday.
On the agenda:
- A recap of the Emmy winners. The highlights of the evening’s surprises and predictions.
- We talk about some Oscar campaign announcements including Allison Williams going LEAD for her work in “Get Out.” Speaking of Jordan Peele’s film, how much of a chance does it have garnering a Best Picture nomination? Does it have a better chance than “The Big Sick” in terms of big comedies making a play?
- Animated Feature is looking weaker by the day. Is it predestined that “Coco” will be our winner?
- There were lots of trailers this past week including Wes Anderson’s “Isle of Dogs,” National Geographic’s “Jane,” Kenneth Branagh’s “Murder on the Orient Express,” 20th Century Fox’s “Ferdinand,” Noah Baumbach’s “The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected),” Todd Haynes’ “Wonderstruck,” and Roar Uthaug’s “Tomb Raider.”
- Are Christopher Nolan and “Dunkirk” REALLY set up well for the Oscars?
- We run through some of the acting categories and how they are shaping up?
Comment and send in #CinephileShowdowns, #DeleteTheActor,
#ChoosetheGold, and #ACCircuitBreaker questions in the comment section below!
LIKE Us on Facebook: The Awards Circuit Facebook Page
Follow Us on Twitter: @Circuit_Pod & @AwardsCircuit
Download Us on Stitcher Radio!
Rate and Download Us on iTunes
SUBSCRIBE to the Podcast by the FEED
SHARE #StartTheREALConversation and #StopMuslimBan
CLICK THE CATEGORY TO SEE THE OSCAR PREDICTIONS:
| MOTION PICTURE |DIRECTOR |
| LEAD ACTOR | LEAD ACTRESS | SUPPORTING ACTOR | SUPPORTING ACTRESS |
| ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY | ADAPTED SCREENPLAY | ANIMATED FEATURE |
| PRODUCTION DESIGN | CINEMATOGRAPHY | COSTUME DESIGN |
| FILM EDITING | MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING | SOUND MIXING |
| SOUND EDITING | VISUAL EFFECTS |
| ORIGINAL SCORE | ORIGINAL SONG |
| FOREIGN LANGUAGE |