Here at the Awards Circuit, we fixate our lives on predicting the Academy Awards, as well as other shows that cite the best. Constantly bickering about which actor or film isn’t listed in the predictions, the conversations often reach an impeccable height (which there’s obviously more important things to get angry about).
You may or may not think you know the Academy members, and what they’re planning to do before they even do it, but how WELL do you know YOURSELF? Which leads me to today’s question: can you predict YOUR personal Top 10 films of 2015? In the comments below, and based on you knowing what you like and don’t like, list the 10 films you think will end up topping your list. Some films you may have already seen, others you haven’t even seen a single frame. That’s the beauty of this little experiment, to see what will happen by the end of the year. We’ll repost this at that time to compare and contrast.
Here are mine but I’m sure they’ll change by year’s end:
- “The Revenant” (20th Century Fox) – Alejandro G. Inarritu
- “Carol” (The Weinstein Company) – Todd Haynes
- “Freeheld” (Lionsgate) – Peter Sollett
- “The Danish Girl” (Focus Features) – Tom Hooper
- “Grandma” (Open Road) – Paul Weitz
- “Mad Max: Fury Road” (Warner Bros.) – George Miller
- “I Saw the Light” (Sony Pictures Classics) – Marc Abraham
- “Bridge of Spies” (Walt Disney Pictures) – Steven Spielberg
- “By the Sea” (Universal Pictures) – Angelina Jolie
- “Amy” (A24) – Asif Kapadia
SHARE YOURS IN THE COMMENTS!