The first day of October has rather spellbinding television watching options. Programs include “Hocus Pocus,” a Halloween fan favorite about evil witches, and the season premiere of “Sorry for Your Loss” starring the Scarlet Witch herself, Elizabeth Olsen. Meanwhile, today’s pick offers a devilishly hilarious look at the fashion industry.
PICK OF THE DAY:
“The Devil Wears Prada” (E!) at 8:00 PM EDT
“The Devil Wears Prada” follows Andy Sachs (Anne Hathaway), a college grad who gets a job as a co-assistant to Miranda Priestley (Meryl Streep), the editor-in-chief of a top tier fashion magazine. As Andy navigates her way around a competitive field, she slowly learns the importance of staying true to herself. For anyone who likes fashion or insightful comedies, this one is highly recommended. Plus, Emily Blunt is a scene stealer as Andy’s fellow assistant, Emily.
“Sorry for Your Loss” (Facebook Watch)
The second season of “Sorry for Your Loss” starring Elizabeth Olsen begins streaming on Facebook Watch today. In this series, Olsen plays Leigh Shaw, a woman grieving over the death of her husband. As she processes her grief, Leigh discovers secrets her husband kept from her. Names like Kelly Marie Tran, Jovan Adepo, Janet McTeer, and Mamoudou Athie round out the show’s cast.
MOVIES ON TV:
“Hocus Pocus” (Freeform) at 8:50 PM EDT
Set on Halloween night, “Hocus Pocus” follows Max Dennison (Omri Katz), a teenager who moves to Salem with his family. He accidentally resurrects three witches, known as the Sanderson sisters, who were executed in the 17th century. As the witches plot to suck the lives of every child in Salem before sunrise, Max, his sister Dani (Thora Birch), and classmate Allison (Vinessa Shaw) must stop them before it’s too late.
Over the years, “Hocus Pocus” has become rather synonymous with Halloween. As part of its tradition, Freeform airs it every year during this season. It’s easy to see why as it provides scares and laughs for the whole family. Plus, Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy, and Sarah Jessica Parker are a hoot as the sinister Sanderson sisters.
In case you’re not in the Halloween spirit quite yet, these films might provide a better alternative:
OTHER MOVIES ON TV:
- “Independence Day” (AMC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Apocalypto” (BBC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Mean Girls” (Cinemax) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Glory Road” (FLIXe) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Knocked Up” (IFC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Big Daddy” (Lifetime) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “London Has Fallen” (Paramount) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “The Three Faces of Eve” (TCM) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Diary of a Mad Black Woman” (BET) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Suicide Squad” (TNT) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “The Martian” (FXM) at 10:25 PM EDT
NEW TV EPISODES:
- “NCIS” (CBS) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “The Conners” (ABC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “The Voice” (NBC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “The Resident” (FOX) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Pandora” (The CW) at 8:00 PM EDT and 9:00 PM EDT
- “Anderson Cooper 360” (CNN) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Bless This Mess” (ABC) at 8:30 PM EDT
- “FBI” (CBS) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “mixed-Ish” (ABC) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “This Is Us” (NBC) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Empire” (FOX) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “The Real Housewives of Orange County” (Bravo) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Bering Sea Gold” (Discovery) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Chopped” (Food Network) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Web of Lies” (ID) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Black-Ish” (ABC) at 9:30 PM EDT
- “NCIS: New Orleans” (CBS) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Emergence” (ABC) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Mayans M.C.” (FX) at 10:00 PM EDT
What do you plan on watching tonight? Please share your thoughts!
CHECK OUT ALL THE OFFICIAL PREDICTIONS ON THE CIRCUIT HUB AND MAKE YOUR OWN!