There are performers who’re not only one-time Oscar nominees but have us wondering “How do they just have one?.” An actor having at least one does mean they’ll always carry the “Academy Award Nominee” moniker. However, there are those who’ve put in great work that warrants more than just a single bid.
For this poll, we’ll be acknowledging actresses who’ve earned a sole nomination and hopefully, achieve a follow-up bid. Just last year, Alfre Woodard, was in the running for “Clemency,” nearly earning her first nomination since “Cross Creek” back in 1983. Meanwhile, Rosie Perez, who was nominated for “Fearless” in 1993, has been making a big-screen resurgence.
Films mentioned and listed in this poll:
- Clemency (2019)
- Cross Creek (1983)
- An Education (2009)
- Fearless (1993)
- Gone Baby Gone (2007)
- Pieces of April (2003)
- The Sixth Sense (1999)
- Up in the Air (2009)
- What’s Love Got To Do With It? (1993)
Which actress will earn her second Oscar nomination next?
- Toni Collette (“The Sixth Sense”)
- Carey Mulligan (“An Education”)
- Angela Bassett (“What’s Love Got To Do With It?”)
- Vera Farmiga (“Up in the Air”)
- Amy Ryan (“Gone Baby Gone”)
- Alfre Woodard (“Cross Creek”)
- Rosie Perez (“Fearless”)
- Patricia Clarkson (“Pieces of April”)
- OTHER (Put in the comments below)
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!