It’s a great day to get into the Halloween spirit. For starters, “Addams Family Values” airs to provide creeps and laughs while a series based on a popular horror franchise returns to the small screen. Plus, there are a few prominent adaptations of acclaimed horror novels airing to continue holiday festivities as well. Here’s a closer look at what’s on television.
PICK OF THE DAY:
“Addams Family Values” (Freeform) at 8:55 PM EDT
Today’s pick is “Addams Family Values,” the ghoulishly funny sequel to “The Addams Family” from 1993. This time around, the Addams Family welcomes a new baby to the bunch. Although, things take a drastic turn when their new nanny, Debbie (Joan Cusack), has her claws out for Uncle Fester’s riches. While the cast as a whole impresses, it’s Joan Cusack who emerges as the scene stealer, earning a prominent place in comedy history.
“Arrow” (The CW) at 9:00 PM EDT
The final season of “Arrow” begins to take aim tonight. This beloved superhero series follows the adventures of Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), a billionaire playboy who was once presumed dead. After being stranded on a desert island for five years, he returned to his home in Starling City and became the crime fighting vigilante known as Green Arrow.
“The Purge” (USA) at 9:00 PM EDT
Based on the film series of the same name, “The Purge” follows the exact same story. It’s set in a dystopian America where all crime is legal for an annual 12-hour period called the Purge. However, instead of focusing on one Purge, the show’s second season takes place over the course of one year. It focuses on a group of interconnected strangers and how their lives become affected by that dreadful night.
MOVIES ON TV:
“Carrie” (AMC) at 8:00 PM EDT
Based on the eponymous Stephen King novel, “Carrie” follows the life of a tormented high school student. Once Carrie White (Chloe Grace Moretz) discovers she has telekinetic powers, she enacts revenge on her classmates and abusive mother (Julianne Moore). While this remake isn’t on the same pedestal as the 1976 classic, it still has its merits. Particularly, the performances from the typically reliable Moretz and Moore.
“Bram Stoker’s Dracula” (BBC) at 8:00 PM EDT
Going back to horror films based on classic novels, “Bram Stoker’s Dracula” is another viable option. Directed by Francis Ford Coppola, this adaptation stars Oscar winner Gary Oldman as the titular vampire. The picture follows Dracula as he travels to London to seduce Mina (Winona Ryder), the fiancee of barrister Jonathan Harker (Keanu Reeves). In addition to retaining the original story, it features bold, Oscar-winning makeup effects.
Other Movies On TV:
- “The Addams Family” (Freeform) at 6:50 PM EDT
- “Team America: World Police” (Cinemax) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Robin Hood” (HBO) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “My Best Friend’s Wedding” (Lifetime) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Braveheart” (TMC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “We’re The Millers” (TNT) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Daddy’s Little Girls” (BET) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Taken” (IFC) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Fight Club” (MoMax) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Interview With the Vampire” (BBC) at 10:30 PM EDT
NEW EPISODES ON TV:
- “NCIS” (CBS) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “The Conners” (ABC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “The Voice” (NBC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “The Resident” (FOX) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “The Flash” (The CW) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “OutDaughtered” (TLC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Bless This Mess” (ABC) at 8:30 PM EDT
- “FBI” (CBS) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “mixed-Ish” (ABC) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “This is Us” (NBC) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Empire” (FOX) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Chopped” (Food Network) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “black-Ish” (ABC) at 9:30 PM EDT
- “NCIS: New Orleans” (CBS) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Emergence” (ABC) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “New Amsterdam” (NBC) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “In a Man’s World” (Bravo) at 10:00 PM EDT