As we head into the first weekend of October, Netflix strong slate of content tonight looks highly entertaining. Between the return of two original series and another Stephen King adaptation, let the popular streaming service take over your Friday evening.
Pick of the Day:
“Peaky Blinders ” (Netflix)
After a two year hiatus, “Peaky Blinders” returns to Netflix to add another chapter to this crime-family drama. Season 5 picks up with Tommy Shelby (Cillian Murphy) and his family dealing with the impact of the Wall Street Crash of 1929. While “Peaky Blinders” still deals with the criminal business that we’ve grown to love, the show dabbles in new territories. Politics plays heavily in the new season with Tommy’s new opponent being the politician Oswald Mosley (Sam Claflin). Tommy has to be careful, considering that every decision he makes will effect not only the people he loves, but the entire country. Led by great writing from creator Steven Knight and Murphy’s stellar performance, you won’t regret these new entries in the Shelby family drama.
“Big Mouth” (Netflix)
In one of the biggest breakout series of the last couple of years, “Big Mouth” enters its third season looking to continue to make us all laugh. Created by comedian Nick Kroll, “Big Mouth” follows a group of adolescent kids going through puberty. What started out as a foul-mouthed animated comedy turned into an important social satire about sex. This season looks to dive deeper into those themes while also seeing what puberty will do to these characters as they grow up. The second season was received so well, it was nominated for best animated program at this year’s Emmy Awards. With playful writing and famous names like Kroll, John Mulaney, Jason Mantzoukas, Maya Rudolph and Fred Armisen lending their voices, “Big Mouth” is one of the funniest animated series on television and shouldn’t be missed.
Movies on TV:
“In the Tall Grass” (Netflix)
Over the last two years, we have seen a plethora of Stephen King adaptations. With “Pet Sematary” and “It: Chapter 2” already released this year and “Doctor Sleep” still to come, it only makes sense we get another in Netflix’s “In the Tall Grass.” Based on King’s novella, the movie follows a brother and sister that go into a field of tall grass in Kansas after hearing some mysterious noises. Once they enter the grass, they realize that something sinister is going on and there’s no turning back. Behind the camera is acclaimed horror director Vincenzo Natali, who directed “Splice” as well as multiple episodes of “American Gods” and “Hannibal.” With Patrick Wilson leading the adult members of the cast, this looks to be another terrifying take on King’s work.
Other Movies on TV:
- “Addams Family Values” (Freeform) at 6:45 PM ET
- “Friday After Next” (VH1) at 7:00 PM ET
- “The House With a Clock in Its Walls” (Showtime) at 7:00 PM ET
- “Power Rangers” (SyFy) at 7:30 PM ET
- “Taken” (AMC) at 7:30 PM ET
- “Transformers” (TNT) at 8:00 PM ET
- “Unforgettable” (Lifetime) at 8:00 PM ET
- “The Amazing Spider-Man” (FX) at 8:00 PM ET
- “Godzilla” (TCM) at 8:00 PM ET
- “Isn’t It Romantic” (HBO) at 8:30 PM ET
- “Black Swan” (HBO Signature) at 9:00 PM ET
- “The Aviator” (FLIXe) at 10:00 PM ET
New Episodes on TV:
Below are the new episodes airing tonight:
- “Hawaii Five-O” (CBS) at 8:00 p.m. ET
- “Friday Night Smackdown” (FOX) at 8:00 p.m. ET
- “American Housewife” (ABC) at 8:00 p.m. ET
- “The Black List” (NBC) at 8:00 p.m. ET
- “BattleBots” (Discovery) at 8:00 p.m. ET
- “Fresh Off the Boat” (ABC) at 8:30 p.m. ET
- “Magnum P.I.” (CBS) at 9:00 p.m. ET
- “Blue Bloods” (CBS) at 10:00 PM ET
- “Killjoys” (Syfy) at 10:00 PM ET
- “Real Time with Bill Maher” (HBO) at 10:00 PM ET
- “House Hunters International” (HGTV) at 10:30 PM ET
What will you be watching tonight? Let us know in the comments below.
CHECK OUT ALL THE OFFICIAL PREDICTIONS ON THE CIRCUIT HUB AND MAKE YOUR OWN!