TGIF! Welcome to Friday! For those wanting a night in with some content, you’re in luck. Tonight there are plenty of new episodes and streaming offerings to keep you entertained. See what’s on TV tonight and let us know what you’re planning on watching.
PICK OF THE DAY
Netflix continues to drop more of their Sundance acquisitions. This week, the service makes “Paddleton” available, which received strong reviews out of Sundance (including from Awards Circuit). The film tells the story of two neighbors whose friendship takes on new meaning once one of them gets diagnosed with terminal cancer. Suddenly, their relationship shifts from games and action movies to something deeper and more honest. Mark Duplass and Ray Romano play the two central characters. Duplass also co-writes the script with director Alex Lehmann. For those looking for a good tragic-comedy or to catch up with this season’s Sundance offerings, add “Paddleton” to your Netflix queue.
“Go! Vive a Tu Manera” (Netflix)
There’s a time-honored tradition of the “inspirational teen dance show.” Netflix’s latest series, “Go! Vive a Tu Manera,” looks to hit every storytelling beat one wants from this sort of project with heart and spunk. An incredible dancer, Mia (Pilar Pascual) earns a scholarship to the esteemed Saint Mary’s Academy in its performing arts department. While the school seems to be the thing of Mia’s dreams, there are definite complications. She butts heads with the headmaster’s daughter, who currently holds the title of most talented dancer. However, Mia finds friends and new loves that help her chase her dreams in this new, exciting school. The first season of “Go! Vive a Tu Manera” is available today on Netflix.
MOVIES ON TV
Netflix has even more new content opening today. Their latest film “Paris is Us” exists somewhere between dream and reality. In recovery from a plane crash, Anna (Noémie Schmidt) reflects upon her life in Paris. Things spin out of control as she finds herself shifting between endless what-ifs, particularly as it relates to a volatile, new relationship in her life.
Lifetime has two movie ideas for your Friday night. Who doesn’t love “Dirty Dancing?” The 80s classic pairs nervous vacationer Baby (Jennifer Grey) with hunky Catskills dance teacher Johnny Castle (Patrick Swayze). Their chemistry is electric both on and off the dance floor. It makes for the perfect Friday night viewing, especially if you’ve just caught up with “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” and loved the Catskills episodes. Tune in at 8 p.m. on Lifetime. Meanwhile, Lifetime Movies switches gears a bit with their latest original film, “Instakiller.” Can Instagram be possible for your death? In the film, a teenage girl becomes Instafamous, which worries her mother. This fear becomes warranted once an internet stalker begins moving in on this family. “Instakiller” comes on 8 p.m. ET on Lifetime Movies.
If comedy is what you’re after tonight, Showtime has you covered. Tonight marks the debut of “Tone Bell: Can’t Cancel This,” their latest comedy special. Comedian Tone Bell, who also appears on “Fam” (CBS) and “Disjointed” (Netflix), longs for a simpler place and time. His special takes us to a place he’s found where his views of the world cannot be compromised or stopped. This new special premieres tonight at 10 p.m. ET.
Looking for something else to watch? There’s plenty of other new shows airing new episodes tonight. Check to see if your favorites are on.
- “Fresh Off the Boat” (ABC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Speechless” (ABC) at 8:30 p.m. ET
- “20/20” (ABC) at 9 p.m. ET
- “MacGyver” (CBS) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Hawaii Five-O” (CBS) at 9 & 10 p.m. ET
- “Blindspot” (NBC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Blacklist” (NBC) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Last Man Standing” (FOX) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Cool Kids” (FOX) at 8:30 p.m. ET
- “Proven Innocent” (FOX) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Strike Back: Revolution” (Cinemax) at 10 p.m. ET
- “American Masters” (PBS) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Live PD: Rewind” (A&E) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Live PD” (A&E) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Tanked: Supersized” (Animal Planet) at 8 & 10 p.m. ET
- “Don’t Be Tardy…” (Bravo) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Gold Rush: Pay Dirt” (Discovery) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Gold Rush” (Discovery) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Andi Mack” (Disney Channel) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Sydney to the Max” (Disney Channel) at 8:30 p.m. ET
- “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” (Food Network) at 9 p.m. ET
- “America Says” (GSN) at 9 p.m. ET
- “My Lottery Dream Home” (HGTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Ancient Aliens: Declassified” (History) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Mystery in San Luis Obispo” (ID) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Secrets of the Morgue” (ID) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Nick Cannon Presents: Wild ’n Out” (MTV) at 8 p.m., 8:30 p.m., 9 p.m. ET
- “Dateline: Secrets Uncovered” (Oxygen) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Praise” (TBN) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Watchman with Erick Stakelbeck” (TBN) at 10:30 p.m. ET
- “My 600-Lb. Life” (TLC) at 8 & 10 p.m. ET
- “Ghost Adventures” (Travel Channel) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Love After Lockup” (WE) at 9 p.m. ET