With more people staying at home this weekend, Sunday may be an especially big night for television viewing. Although there aren’t many marquee shows premiering or ending tonight, there’s are plenty of nostalgic favorites that should serve as the TV equivalent of comfort food in stressful times.
PICK OF THE DAY:
“Spy Wars with Damian Lewis” (Smithsonian) at 8:00 PM EDT
Damian Lewis steps into the role of host on Smithsonian’s latest program, “Spy Wars with Damian Lewis.” Each week, the show will explore a different historical spy, and feature some of their most daring adventures. Part documentary, part dramatic series, it’s poised to tackle the true story behind the Academy Award-winning film “Argo” as well as covering a seemingly endless (and endlessly fascinating) portfolio of Cold War-era espionage.
“Pretty Woman: Behind Closed Doors” (Reelz) at 9:00 PM EDT
“Behind Closed Doors” is hosted by journalist Natalie Morales, who takes an inside look at what went on behind the scenes of many popular films and television shows. Their latest offering is an exploration of the making of “Pretty Woman,” the unlikely romantic comedy about a prostitute and a millionaire that made Julia Roberts a star. Although the show’s content occasionally verges into a salacious territory, it has nuggets of genuine quality, especially for fans of each given episode’s topic of conversation.
MOVIES ON TV:
“A Knight’s Tale” (FLIXe) at 8:00 PM EDT
Now it is right about the time that people want to watch a film that they don’t really have to think about something that can effortlessly elicit a smile. “A Knight’s Tale” may not be the thinking man’s historical drama, but it’s nonetheless incredibly charming in its steadfast refusal to embrace anything even approaching period accuracy. It has Heath Ledger, Alan Tudyk, Paul Bettany, and Mark Addy having a whale of a time, and is more fun than it has any right to be.
“Office Space” (Comedy Central) at 10:00 PM EDT
A classic 1990s comedy, “Office Space,” will have everyone who is working from home reminiscing about their own wildly dysfunctional office culture. Starring Ron Livingston and Jennifer Aniston, it’s the story of a stressed-out IT drone who is hypnotized into not bothering to pretend he cares about his job anymore. From counterproductive meetings with middle management to the infuriatingly defective printer, “Office Space” connected with audiences who presumably saw their own professional lives on screen for the very first time.
NEW TV EPISODES:
Still, looking for something else to watch? Check out more of tonight’s lineup below!
- “60 Minutes” (CBS) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “American Idol” (ABC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Little Big Shots” (NBC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “The Simpsons” (Fox) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Batwoman” (CW) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” (Bravo) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Outlander” (Starz) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Duncanville” (Fox) at 8:30 PM EDT
- “Supergirl” (CW) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Family Kharma” (Bravo) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “The Walking Dead” (AMC) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Westworld” (HBO) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist” (NBC) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “NCIS: Los Angeles” (CBS) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Bob’s Burgers” (Fox) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Homeland” (Showtime) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “NCIS: New Orleans” (CBS) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “The Rookie” (ABC) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Good Girls” (NBC) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “The Windsors: Inside the Royal Dynasty” (CNN) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Rob Riggle: Global Investigator” (Discovery) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Curb Your Enthusiasm” (HBO) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Black Monday” (Showtime) at 10:00 PM EDT
What are you watching tonight? Let us know in the comments below!