Tonight’s lineup has something for everything, no matter what you’re in the mood for. We’ve got war documentaries, drag queens, indie dramas, bloodthirsty Lifetime thrillers, and much more!
PICK OF THE DAY:
“The Longest War” (Showtime) at 10:00 PM EDT
Somewhere along the line, the United States got caught up in other things and seemingly forgot to end the war in Afghanistan begun in the wake of 9/11, creating what is now technically America’s longest war. This documentary weaves together a compelling narrative with emotional firsthand accounts, reminding viewers of the human element of a war that is frequently brushed to the side.
“Dragnificent” (TLC) at 11:00 PM EDT
What was originally a one-off special on TLC has since been expanded into a full series run, premiering tonight. “Dragnificent” follows the conventions of a traditional makeover show, but with an added twist of featuring popular drag queens as the main consultants. The show is appropriately inspirational, with the primary focus on confidence and using fashion to allow an individual’s personality to shine through. And each of the main cast members brings a fun, positive energy to the proceedings.
MOVIES ON TV:
“Can You Ever Forgive Me?” (Max) at 8:00 PM EDT
If you’re looking for something to watch tonight, consider “Can You Ever Forgive Me?” as an opportunity for all of us to collectively apologize to director Marielle Heller for not giving her the appreciation she deserves. This film stars a rarely-better Melissa McCarthy as a writer on hard times who begins a lucrative side hustle forging letters from famous authors and, alongside her friend and confidant played by Richard E. Grant, ends up in way over her head. It has a surprising amount of emotional impact considering what a quiet, understated film it is, and if you haven’t seen it, you should really give it a shot.
“Killer Prom” (Lifetime) at 8:00 PM EDT
Or maybe you’re more in the mood to shut your brain off. There’s no shame in that! If that’s the case, “Killer Prom” may be a good option. It centers around a high school senior grieving the recent loss of her mother in a boating accident, and her mysterious older cousin who decides to give her some new happy memories by any means necessary. For her, that means making sure she has the perfect prom, even if she has to kill someone to get it. And let’s be real, this is Lifetime, so of course she’s going to have to kill someone for it.
NEW TV EPISODES:
Still looking for something to watch? Check out more of tonight’s lineup below!
- “Snapped: Notorious Hollywood Ripper” (Oxygen) at 7:00 PM EDT
- “God Friended Me” (CBS) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “American Idol” (ABC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “The Wall” (NBC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “The Simpsons” (Fox) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Call the Midwife” (PBS) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Atlanta’s Missing and Murdered: The Lost Children” (HBO) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Spy Wars with Damian Lewis” (Smithsonian) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Outlander” (Starz) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Duncanville” (Fox) at 8:30 PM EDT
- “VICE” (Showtime) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Bob’s Burgers” (Fox) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “World on Fire” (PBS) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Killing Eve” (AMC) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Westworld” (HBO) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist” (NBC) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “NCIS: Los Angeles” (CBS) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Marvel’s Spider-Man: Maximum Venom” (Disney XD) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “The Last Dance” (ESPN) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Family Guy” (Fox) at 9:30 PM EDT
- “NCIS: New Orleans” (CBS) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Good Girls” (NBC) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Baptiste” (PBS) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Insecure” (HBO) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Run” (HBO) at 10:30 PM EDT
- “Last Week Tonight” (HBO) at 11:00 PM EDT
What are you watching tonight? Let us know in the comments below!