Vigilantes roam the streets of an eerily familiar alternate universe; a soldier fights against his murder conviction; a native Floridian climbs the ladder of success; and Miracle Max teaches us the difference between “mostly dead” and “all dead.” Viewers have that and more to look forward to on Sunday night television this evening.
PICK OF THE DAY:
“Watchmen” (HBO) at 9:00 PM EDT
With all the gritty superheroes floating around these days, it certainly seems like comic book fatigue should be starting to set in any time now. But HBO’S newest adaptation, “Watchmen,” looks likely to avoid that trap, with early reviews celebrating it as an exciting new interpretation of the graphic novel source material. In a dark alternate universe where superheroes are outlawed, masked vigilantes take their now illegal actions underground.
“Leavenworth” (Starz) at 9:30 PM EDT
Steven Soderbergh produces a docuseries that sheds light on the military justice system, which means that Starz has our undivided attention. The five-part documentary series revolves around Clint Lorance, who was convicted of murder while stationed in Afghanistan and is now serving a nineteen year sentence. But in modern war, truth is often muddled, and Lorance’s attempt to get his sentence overturned calls into question the line between guilt and innocence.
“On Becoming a God in Central Florida” (Showtime) at 10:20 PM EDT
Showtime’s freshman hit “On Becoming a God in Central Florida” has its first season finale tonight, which means that we all need to say at least a temporary goodbye to everyone’s favorite series about the evils of multi-level marketing schemes. Kirsten Dunst is in peak form as a minimum wage water park employee hell-bent on clawing her way to the top. We’re excited to see what’s in store for her when the second season airs next year.
MOVIES ON TV:
“The Princess Bride” (BBC America) at 8:00 PM EDT
Go ahead and try to find another film on television tonight that’s more endearing and intensely quotable than “The Princess Bride.” From humble beginnings as a badly mismarketed fantasy/comedy/romance that struggled to fit into any one genre, “The Princess Bride” has transformed over the years into a beloved cult classic.
NEW TV EPISODES:
Still looking for something to watch? Check out more episodes on television tonight!
- “Uncovered: Killed By Hate” (Oxygen) at 7:00 PM EDT
- “God Friended Me” (CBS) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Kids Say the Darndest Things” (ABC) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “The Simpsons” (Fox) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Batwoman” (CW) at 8:00 PM EDT
- “Bless the Harts” (Fox) at 8:30 PM EDT
- “NCIS: Los Angeles” (CBS) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Shark Tank” (ABC) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Bob’s Burgers” (Fox) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Supergirl” (CW) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “The Affair” (Showtime) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “The Walking Dead” (AMC) at 9:00 PM EDT
- “Family Guy” (Fox) at 9:30 PM EDT
- “Madam Secretary” (CBS) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “The Rookie” (ABC) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Star Wars: Resistance” (Disney) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Haunted Gingerbread Showdown” (Food Network) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Witches of Salem” (Travel) at 10:00 PM EDT
- “Mr. Robot” (USA) at 10:00 PM EDT
What are you watching tonight? Let us know in the comments below!