As February comes to an end, so do some of our favorite winter shows. With season finales on the schedule for tonight, this also means some new shows are on the horizon. Even tonight there are some new premiers, including the official pilot launch of ABC’s “Whiskey Cavalier,” which had a preview after the Oscars. With plenty to watch tonight, read through and let us know what you’ll be tuning into.
PICK OF THE DAY
“The Masked Singer” (FOX) Finale at 8 p.m. ET.
No other show has been a more beguiling hit than “The Masked Singer” on FOX. The reality competition show placed various celebrities in elaborate animal type costumes, such as a hippo, poodle, or lion, and forced them to perform in front of a panel of judges. Once eliminated, the celebrity is forced to reveal themselves for the audience. The celebrities unmasked so far range from actresses (Rumer Willis, Tori Spelling), NFL stars (Terry Bradshaw, Antonio Brown) and even former boy band members (Joey Fatone). FOX’s finale, which airs at 8 p.m. ET tonight, pits the final three against each other. Who will win “The Masked Singer” – The Bee, The Monster or The Peacock? Tune in to find out.
“Whiskey Cavalier” (ABC) at 10 p.m. ET.
Everyone loves a good “will they, won’t they” type relationship on TV. “Whiskey Cavalier” combines the FBI procedural with a frothy workplace comedy. FBI agent Will Chase, AKA Whiskey Cavalier (Scott Foley), is forced to work with CIA operative Francesca ‘Frankie’ Trowbridge, AKA Fiery Tribune (Lauren Cohan), on inter-agency assignments to save the world. Along the course of the cases, will the FBI agent and CIA operative learn to get along? Will they do more than get along? Though the show officially premieres tonight, it also received an extended sneak preview following the Academy Awards this past Sunday. Was the show worth all this controversy of keeping the Oscars 3 hours short? Tune in to find out.
“Gone” (WGN America) at 9 p.m. ET.
The crime procedural “Gone” pairs FBI Agent Frank Novak (Chris Noth) with child abduction survivor Kick Lannigan (Leven Rambin) as they form a missing persons task force. Based on the Chelsea Cain‘s novel “One Kick,” the twelve episode season follows Kick as his work gives him a chance to heal the wounds of his past. The show has already been aired in France, Germany, the UK and Australia. How will the show perform in the U.S. when it premiers tonight at 9 p.m. ET on WGN America? Only time will tell.
Get ready to hang your suit up for a while. USA’s hit show “Suits” airs its season 8 finale tonight at 10 p.m. ET. Season 8 brought plenty of changes to the cast. With the departure of Patrick J. Adams and Meghan Markle (for obvious royal reasons), “Suits” added Katherine Heigl to the mix as Samantha Wheeler, a strong, fiery and mysterious new lawyer in the firm. Recurring guest stars Amanda Schull and Dule Hill were also promoted to series regulars. Also ending tonight is “Pure” on WGN America. The series follows a Mennonite pastor who works undercover with a drug trafficking ring as part of an organized crime network. The Canadian series airs the last of its six episodes tonight at 10 p.m. ET on WGN America.
MOVIES ON TV
What does an edited version of “The 40-Year Old Virgin” look like? The film that reinvigorated the R-rated comedy genre makes its Freeform premiere at 8:30 p.m. ET tonight. While some of the raunch may hit the cutting room floor, the heart that makes the film work should stay in tact. Andy Stitzer (Steve Carell) is an affable electronics store worker who has made it to 40 without ever having sex. When his co-workers find out about this, they make it their mission to get their friend to round the bases for the first time. As he gets his confidence up, Andy falls for Trish (Catherine Keener), a small business owner near him.
Not feeling any of the new shows premiering tonight? Never fear. There are plenty of new episodes of some of your favorite shows on tonight. See below for a list of all shows airing new episodes tonight.
- “The Goldbergs” (ABC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Schooled” (ABC) at 8:30 p.m. ET
- “Modern Family” (ABC) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Survivor” (CBS) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The World’s Best” (CBS) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Chicago Med” (NBC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Chicago Fire” (NBC) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Chicago P.D.” (NBC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Riverdale” (CW) at 8 p.m. ET
- “All American” (CW) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Grown-ish” (Freeform) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Lone Star Law: Uncuffed” (Animal Planet) at 8 p.m. ET
- “The Real Housewives of New Jersey” Reunion (Bravo) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Deal or No Deal” (CNBC) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Moonshiners: Outlaw Cuts” (Discovery) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Botched” (E!) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Guy’s Grocery Games” (Food Network) at 9 p.m. ET
- “You’re the Worst” (FXX) at 10 p.m. ET
- “America Says” (GSN) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Property Brothers” (HGTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “House Hunters International” (HGTV) at 10:30 p.m. ET
- “Forged in Fire: Cutting Deeper” (History) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Forged in Fire” (History) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Knight Fight” (History) at 10 p.m. ET
- “See No Evil” (ID) at 9 p.m. ET
- “In Pursuit with John Walsh” (ID) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Project Runway All Stars” (Lifetime) at 8 p.m. & 9 p.m. ET
- “American Beauty Star” (Lifetime) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Ridiculousness” (MTV) at 8 p.m. & 8:30 p.m. ET
- “The Challenge” (MTV) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Locked Up Abroad: Breakout” (National Geographic) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Locked Up Abroad” (National Geographic) at 9 p.m. & 10 p.m. ET
- “Schitt’s Creek” (POP) at 10 p.m. ET
- “The Magicians” (Syfy) at 9 p.m. ET
- “Deadly Class” (Syfy) at 10 p.m. ET
- “My 600-Lb. Life” (TLC) at 8 p.m. ET
- “Family By The Ton” (TLC) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Mysteries at the Museum” (Travel Channel) at 8 p.m. & 9 p.m. ET
- “Paranormal Caught on Camera” (Travel Channel) at 10 p.m. ET
- “Black Ink Crew: Chicago” (VH1) at 9 p.m. ET